Friday, June 28, 2013

Est. 8.2.2012

I wish I would have thought to start a blog when Heath and I started our lives together! But since I am starting almost 10 months into our marriage, I've decided to give a short summary of our newly wedded life thus far... I guess I'll start at the beginning!

Heath and I first met on February 1, 2012 when we went with his sister Haylee and a few of their friends to Mesa Frozen Yogurt. At the time Haylee and I were in a special education class together at ASU, and she was the one who suggested Heath and I meet. After creeping on his facebook and noticing how undeniably good looking Heath was, I quickly agreed that it would be best if we got to know each other. Heath and I got along right away when we met, and I instantly felt comfortable around him. I wasn't afraid to by myself, which is kind of abnormal for me. I got his phone number (because he had left his at home), and texted him a couple of days later. Long story short, we hung out a couple of times, he asked me on a date, and the rest is history!

Many people might think that our relationship was very fast moving, and now that I look back I would have to agree. But when you know, you know! I knew after only dating Heath 2 weeks that he was the one I was going to marry. My best friend Karsyn nearly had a heart attack when I had told her that, but both Heath and I had felt the same way and were already talking about our future together. Heath proposed to me three months later, on cinco de Mayo, at the rock climbing gym we had gone to on our first date. We were then married 3 months later, on August 2nd, 2012 in the Mesa, Arizona temple.


Marriage has been amazing so far! We've had some unexpected trials, but even though it has been hard at times, it's so worth it. I love being with him everyday, and I am so grateful that he is my eternal companion.