Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Hawaii- July 2013

I am so bad at keeping up with my blog... but our Hawaiian vacation this summer was amazing!! We spent a little over a week on the island of Kauai, and then about 4 days on Oahu. It was the most amazing vacation. But unfortunately, two weeks before our trip, my dad had surgery on his broken ankle and developed a blood clot in his leg on the plane ride there, so he was pretty limited to only snorkeling. Poor Dad. Guess we'll just have to go back so he can do everything else with us ;)

On Kauai, we snorkeled with turtles and schools of fish, sailed on around the Napali Coast, kayaked up (and down) a river, and went hiking to a secret waterfall. It was so pretty there... it can be hard to imagine that Hawaii looks like it does in the pictures, but in fact, that is exactly what it was like. It was like living in a postcard. On Oahu, we  hiked to a lighthouse with my mom's cousin Dejon, hiked a mountain ridge with cousin David, where we almost died of heat stroke, visited the temple, luau-ed at the Polynesian Cultural Center, and spent precious time with relatives. I wish we would have had more time on Oahu. There were so many more things that I would have liked to see and do.  But I have to say, out of everything we got to do on your vacation, one of my favorite things about visiting Hawaii was getting to see where my mom's family is from, and visiting with my awesome relatives. P.S. I apologize for all the pictures, but I had to include them.